How do I begin to receive services from In-Home Lab Connection?The two most common ways to begin receiving services with IHLC are as follows:
1) The provider, facility or care manager calls IHLC/Homecare at 952-842-9000 to inform us that they wish for services to be started. We then receive a facesheet/demographic as well as an order from your physician sheet via fax. Once the information is put into our secure database the phlebotomist will call the patient or designated contact the evening before the draw or specimen collection is ordered for and will introduce themselves as well as scheduling a specific time that works well for the patients schedule.
2) If a patient or family member calls us directly to request services we will take down the name, date of birth, phone number and physicians information over the phone. Once IHLC has approval, we will call the patient or family member back to alert them that we have approval and then will follow the process in #1 above.
Please feel free to call us at 952-842-9000 with any questions. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. To reach the after hours line the phone number is still the same as the office number (952-842-9000). On call hours are 5pm until 10pm. Messages left after 10pm will be returned the following business day at 8am.
FAQs: Phlebotomy/Specimen Collection
Does insurance cover phlebotomy/specimen collection services?
If not, how much will I have to pay?
- •The insurances that cover phlebotomy and specimen collection services are: UCARE, Health Partners and Medica (Except for group numbers that begin with ‘7’).
- The cost for private pay is 75$ per visit. This will be billed monthly to the designated person. We accept checks and credit cards.
- Please feel free to call us at 952-842-9000 with any questions. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8AM to 5PM. We also have an After Hours line which can be reached by calling the office number (952-842-9000) 5PM to 10PM. Messages left after 10PM will be returned the following business day at 8AM.